Sunday, October 14, 2012

Philip-Lorca diCorcia




Philip-Lorca diCorcia is an artist that as soon as I came upon his work I was immediately drawn to it. I was recommended this artist based on a series I was currently working on that dealt with trying to capture people in their natural setting and then asking for a photograph to compare the drastic change in personality that is captured between the two settings.

The photograph above is from the 2000 series Heads. Philip-Lorca diCorcia shot his series by attaching a strobe light to scaffolding on a subway and by setting up a hidden camera. The resulting photographs are truly amazing, he was able to capture the subjects personality is such a beautiful manner. The ability to capture people at their upmost natural setting is what I enjoyed the most about these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment